Email deliverability tips
By Jitta Rao
updated 4 months ago
Follow this checklist to best optimize your emails for deliverability and avoiding the spam folder.
- Add your own custom domain and ensure DNS is setup and verified.
- Utilize a double opt-in subscription model.
- Check to see if your emails are using any spam trigger words and remove them.
- Send your test email to MailGenius to check your email copy and technical setup.
- Always comply with the CAN-SPAM act.
- Validate sign up forms and clean up your list regularly using our free validation tools.
- Stick to a consistent send schedule.
- Always send your emails to engaged subscribers.
- Send emails at just the right frequency. (Once a week is probably OK.)
- Monitor your domain reputation using tools like SenderScore.org.
- Read our Best Practices for Email Marketing guide.