Troubleshooting email delivery issues
By Jitta Rao
updated 4 months ago
We always stress the importance of a strong sending reputation. By keeping an eye on your engagement (opens, clicks etc.) and reputation (spam complaints, spam traps, unknown users, etc.) metrics you’ll get a good picture of how your emails are being received by subscribers.
But if you’re looking for another measure of your reputation, you can take advantage of a handful of resources that will let you know where you stand.
Our email delivery team utilizes several tools for troubleshooting, here are a few that we think you'll find useful.
- Sender Score to check your IP reputation. Scores are calculated from 0 to 100. The higher your score, the better your reputation and the higher your email deliverability rate.
- Gmail Postmaster Tools can be used to help monitor and debug all deliverability issues. . It's a free tool provided by Google that will tell you exactly what Gmail thinks of your domain reputation (Good, Medium, Low, or Bad).
- Mail Tester to check if your messages are considered spam.
- MXToolBox to troubleshoot DNS issues.
- BarracudaCentral provides both an IP and domain reputation lookup via their Barracuda Reputation System; a real-time database of IP addresses with “poor” or “good” reputations.
- Which Gmail Tab? by sending an email to a specified address and you’ll see whether it’s the inbox or the promotions tab that your email makes its way to.
- Zero Bounce is an email validation service aimed to control the quality of your email list.