Overview of the Gist Affiliate Program
updated 7 months ago
In this article, you will learn about the Gist affiliate program. If you are promoting Gist, you will be able to review the Gist Affiliate Program here, to learn about required forms, affiliate payout requirements, percentage of affiliate payout, PayPal, affiliate rules, cookie-based tracking, FTC guidelines, and best practices.
What you will need:
Step 1: Gist Affiliate Program
Affiliate Payout / Compensation
If your application to become an affiliate is approved by Gist, you will receive a unique Affiliate ID. The Affiliate ID will need to be incorporated within each URL which you will use to advertise Gist. You will have the opportunity to receive a commission for each Sale that is registered using Your Affiliate ID.
In the event that a Prospect has multiple Affiliate Cookies, the most recently-acquired Cookie will determine which Affiliate is credited with a Sale.
Provided that the Sold Account remains in good status within thirty (30) days from the Sale, you will be paid a commission for each Sold Account that generates a payment to Gist in a month (“Commission”). Except as otherwise provided herein, Commission payments will be paid on the 1st and 15th of each month following Gist’s receipt of payment for a Sold Account, subject to the other terms of the Affiliate Agreement. In the event the 1st or 15th of each month falls on a holiday, Commission payments will be paid on the business day preceding the holiday. All Commission payments are based on the amount of fees received by Gist, less sales taxes.
All affiliates get a 30% commission on each Sold Account on a recurring basis for as long as the Sold Account continues to be subscribed.
Affiliate Payout Requirements
- Commissions are paid after a 45 day "cooling off" period (due to potential refunds or cancellations).
- The "Ready For Payout Today" commission must be $50.00 or more at the time the commission report is generated.
- All payouts will be made via PayPal. So, make sure you have your PayPal email address setup in your affiliate account.
Affiliate Rules please review the Affiliate Agreement.
- It is ABSOLUTELY VITAL that every affiliate adheres to the HIGHEST POSSIBLE STANDARDS of Ethical & Legal Conduct during this promotion.
Tracking is Cookie-based
- The last cookie gets credit for the sale. The Federal Trade Commission has recently stated more clearly defined best practices for affiliate marketers, and it is our position that all affiliates of Gist must use these guidelines and regulations as Standard Operating Procedure during their endorsement or promotion.
Step 2: Please observe the following Best Practices
Include your Affiliate Disclaimers and Disclosures. The bottom line is, if you make a sale via an affiliate link, it’s because you're getting paid to do so – be honest about that. Include these disclaimers during email or advertising promotions.
There will be NO commission payments paid on PERSONAL USE Sales of the Product - meaning, if the only purpose in joining this affiliate program was to get a commission on a sale for Personal USE of Gist, that's not cool. We do track and reconcile every sale – and in cases where an affiliate has a single sale to themselves, a commission will NOT be paid on that sale. That's simply NOT FAIR to the affiliates who have promoted in good faith only to have one of their prospects join the affiliate program to get their own commission and cut the original affiliate out.
- Include your relevant Privacy Policies on sites that you are promoting Gist with.
- Include your Terms of Service on sites that you are promoting Gist with.
- DO NOT SPAM (Do NOT send JUNK or UNQUALIFIED TRAFFIC to this offer)
- Don't TWITTER SPAM or Social Media Spam
- Don't misrepresent yourself as a "typical result" or as a "typical customer" when you promote this offer
- Be transparent and authentic – We'll treat your prospects with MASSIVE RESPECT!
If you have any questions about this, please contact our support team by clicking the support icon in the bottom right-hand corner of this page.