Email sending is suspended when Gist's deliverability protection system detects a high bounce rate on your email recipients, or fraudulent account activity is detected. All marketing emails and automated emails in workflows are not sent while marketing email is suspended.
You will see a warning banner in your email tool about a problem detected by the deliverability protection system.
What are the email limits?
- Hard bounces: Gistt's hard bounce limit is 5%. For reference, many ISPs prefer bounce rates to be under 2%.
- Spam reports: Gist's spam complaint rate limit is 0.1% (1 in 1,000 messages sent). Spam reports are when a recipient clicks the spam button, while viewing your email in their inbox, or drags the email into their junk folder.
- Direct complaints: if any direct complaints are sent to Gist's abuse desk, marketing email sending in your account may be suspended.
- Unsubscribes: you'll see a warning in your account if your unsubscribe rate limit is over 5%.
What should I do if email sending is suspended?
Please reach out to our support via in-app chat and submit more details about your business and email lists. We'll review your responses to decide whether email sending capabilities can be restored.
In the meantime, review the performance of your recent emails. If you have an idea of what may have happened, it will significantly expedite the process of restoring your email sending.
To restore email sending in this case:
1. Clean up your contact lists to improve email deliverability.
2. Send an email the email deliverability team and explain how your list has been cleaned of contacts that:
- Have not been contacted by your organisation by email in more than a year. List decay occurs at a rate of 25% every year.
- Unsubscribed from your email previously (outside of Gist).
- Hard bounced previously (outside of Gist).
- Have not opted into email from your organisation specifically. This includes contacts provided by a third party.
- Are purchased or rented from a third party. This is a violation of Gist's Acceptable Use Policy and these contacts cannot be emailed using Gist.
Email Deliverability Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please start a Live Chat. Just "Click" on the Chat Icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.